Pages

Thursday 28 April 2011

Thursday 28th April

I have been taking advantage of every opportunity to read over the last two weeks, because of a rather hectic time ahead. Consequently I am now halfway and I must say am enjoying it.

I would agree with other's comments that Grace Williams Says it Loud has a lot going for it despite the distressing topic. It seemed to me that Room also has a depth to it and is well written, although there were a couple of parts where it seemed to lack plausibility. The Tiger's Wife again deals with a difficult topic and perpetually drifts between present and past, fact and myth in the search for the truth. In parts this made it difficult to follow, but it too provided plenty to think about.

So here's to the next three books, which I guess are going to be read more slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment