Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2011

The Memory of Love

I appraoched this with a bit of trepidation after Monday's meeting when some of the group said they had given up with it. For sure, it was a bit slow to start and I didn't really get into it until a good third of the way through. And then it really got me and I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen.
I can't go much further than that without giving bits away, but it was a good read overall. The characters are interesting, if not always likeable. The interesting thing for me was the place and the culture. It seems as if I have picked up a personal theme with these books so far - all centred around places and cultures. I've also discovered that this is what floats my boat, as it were...
I have one book left, Great House, and I note from the jacket blurb that a bit of Chile is involved - another culture that I can't wait to find out about.
Happy reading everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking forward to this as well but that was a bit of misdirection me thinks on the part of the publisher.

    ReplyDelete