Pages

Friday 18 May 2012

Friday May 18th
I have just finished Foreign Bodies and must admit I have ambivilent feelings about it.  I loved the language and Bea's authentic character but found parts a struggle to read. (Perhaps it was just me - my old cat died on Wednesday and she was a good reading companion, always glad of a lap to sit on.)
Now for Forgotten Waltz - two to go in ten days so I should make it.
It was nice to see everyone on Monday in Kennilworth and look forward to some heated debate on the 28th.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your cat, Maggie. It's a sad business losing a cat who has been with you for a long time. Also, I think we're all inclined to run out of steam towards the end of our six weeks. I'm making very heavy weather of 'painter of Silence' (and sneaking off to read 'Bring up the Bodies' instead!

    Looking forward to 28th!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry too about your cat Maggie--you must miss her greatly.
    I've just started reading Forgotten Waltz, and love it so far. The sparse yet poetic style of Anne Enright is beautiful, and I know I will fly along with it.
    See you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also sorry to hear about your cat. They bring such happiness into our lives.

    See you tonight.

    ReplyDelete