Pages

Thursday 19 May 2011

Reading summary so far...

Have just posted a separate paragraph about Grace Williams so I won't repeat it here. I loved the scenery and culture in Annabel, but the story doesn't grab me as much as others on the shortlist. The Tiger's Wife was a bit different, again because it's set in a different culture and I liked the folklore-style stories within its main narrative. I'd read Room for the Man Booker and it's a compelling read but I will flick through it again before June 7th to refresh myself on some of the criteria we discussed on Monday night.
I'm a third of the way through Memory of Love. Not sure where it's going yet and I've yet to get a connection to the characters... Great House will be my next, and last, read and I'm looking forward to completing the set!

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment